Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Beware of Sales Pitches during Open Enrollment

Before you make any changes, please read this:

If you’re over age 65, your mailbox is probably being swamped right now with a variety of Medicare Advantage Plan offers. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you decide to do some shopping around:

Tip 1:  Double check any mail that promises to give you details on Medicare changes for 2015 to make sure it is sent from Medicare and not a sales pitch from an insurance company. Mailings have been spotted that look like the real deal, but are only meant to generate leads for insurance companies.

Tip 2:  Ask for details. Know what coverage your current plan provides and do a side-by-side comparison on co-insurance, co-pays, premiums, prescription costs, deductibles, doctors and hospitals in the provider network, etc.

Tip 3:  Be careful sharing your personal information with anyone you do not know or with whom you do not have an established relationship. Scammers are always looking for an opportunity to tap into your personal information.

Tip 4: If I'm your agent, call me before you make any changes.

I want to continue to provide you with all the personalized services you have come to expect from me. But, if you make changes in your Medicare Advantage Plan or other insurance through an 800 phone number or someone sitting at a table at your local pharmacy, you will lose me as your agent of record. That’s just the way the insurance companies 

I want to continue to be here for you when you need me. Please contact me and only me when you have a question or concern about your insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment