- Generally, a person can enroll in Medicare three months before and after their 65th birthday. You are known as a Medicare 'beneficiary.'
- You can enroll in Medicare through the Social Security Administration by calling 1-800-772-1213.
- Medicare has enrollment periods. You must enroll when you are eligible; however, if you are working, you may delay enrollment in some situations.
- You do not have to be currently receiving Social Security benefits to sign up for Medicare. They are separate benefits.
- You may not need all parts of Medicare if you have insurance from your employer and plan to continue working.
- You will receive your Medicare card automatically if you are receiving Social Security or Railroad Retirement Benefits.
Have questions about Medicare and your options?
Plan to attend one of my "Getting Started with Medicare" classes in your area.
You will find a complete list of upcoming classes on my website at www.mutskoinsurance.com/seminars.